Help disabled job seekers
We support disabled people’s employability. We would like some extra support with some of the tasks.
We are looking for someone who would be happy to do any of the following:
- offer cv writing and application tips (e.g. face to face group or 1:1 including proof read as required) and/or
- offer accessible mock interviews and feedback to clients (e.g. 1:1)
supported job search (off and online techniques)
- Attend courses meetings and events, introducing yourself to participants in group settings
- Provide a short presentation about Breakthrough UK’s services
- Answer questions about the service
- Support staff to identify suitable job and/or training opportunities for individual job seekers
- Use various (online and offline) job search methods including phone calls
We will make sure you have:
- Previous examples of cv/application/mock interview work with clients
- A DBS staff member and group of job seekers to work with and any information required (e.g. about aspirations)
- Support to arrange accessible mock interviews (e.g. space and time)
- Feedback on progress (case studies as appropriate)
- Workspace and resources required
You will have the chance to:
- Meet new people
- Share your skills
- Learn more about the work breakthrough does
- Work together with our friendly team
- Make a difference!
Offering CV /application writing tips from an employer perspective will help bring the world of work to life for disabled people. Having an unfamiliar face to offer mock interviews in a supportive environment helps bridge the gap between imagining an interview scenario and equipping people for the reality of a formal assessment. It means our staff can focus on recruiting clients, monitoring and providing wrap-around 1:1 bespoke support before and after this… including doing necessary admin and organisational tasks! Helping a client find suitable opportunities will give them the best chance of finding appropriate work or training or volunteering.