Do you have the skills to help us showcase our project via video?
Our Pedal Away rides are pitched at a level so that anyone can join in no matter when the last time you got on a bike was. They are social rides aimed to turn people from dubious beginner to independent confident cyclist!
We would like someone to:
- create a short video for us about the project. This can be through a number of perspectives eg a day in the life of a participant or a day in the life of a ride leader – we are open to suggestions
- come along for the day to one of the sessions to experience the project and gather footage
- edit the footage into a short 3-minute video for our website.
We will make sure you:
• have a consultation about the work we do and provide a brief for what we need.
• have access to a good quality camera phone to use - we are happy for you to use more professional equipment if you have that available.
• have permission to film the riders and volunteers for the purpose of Salford Pedal Away.
You will have the chance to:
• share your skills
• build your portfolio
• learn more about Pedal Away and Cycling Projects
• support the project to grow and develop
• meet new people
• gain a better understanding of the voluntary sector in the city.
Having a video showcasing our project will support us in a number of ways:
- it will support us to market the project
- it will help people get a better idea of what to expect from coming along and may increase participation in the rides
- it may increase the number of volunteers to the project as they know more about it
- it will help as part of the evaluation for the project.